Risk Management and Analysis
Minimum Level of Expertise Required: Salesforce System Administrator
There are four (4) areas we have identified as most requiring Risk Management & Analysis
- Installing the StoreConnect App
- Duplicate Management for Accounts and Contacts
- Order Creation
- Upgrading the StoreConnect App
General Rules for Safeguarding Your Data and Minimising Downtime
You should perform regular backups of your Salesforce Org.
Staging orgs should be set up to fully test (UAT) the installation or upgrade prior to pushing through to Production.
The onus is on our users/clients to thoroughly UAT (User Acceptance Testing) the installation or upgrade prior to pushing it through to their Production Org.
The user/client can tailor the following two checklists to their requirements to assist in identifying and managing business impact and risks:
Installing the StoreConnect App
StoreConnect installs custom Salesforce objects and makes use of some standard objects
StoreConnect adds custom fields to the following Salesforce objects.
- Before/After Update Triggers
- StoreConnect will add Triggers to the above objects and populate some of our custom fields with StoreConnect data during installation. The triggers can fire on any on any record changes in those objects.
- Page Layouts
- StoreConnect installs extra page layouts for most of the above Standard Objects and does not overwrite any of your existing Page Layouts
Duplicate Management for Accounts and Contacts
Orders created through StoreConnect will be linked to an Account and Contact. Where the email address used at checkout matches an existing contact in Salesforce, the order will be linked to that Contact and its Account. Other than a few custom fields added by the StoreConnect Package, existing Account and Contact data is never updated by StoreConnect. Customers can however update name and shipping details from their profile page when logged into your store.
See Lead, Contact and Account Deduplication for more details around this.
Orders are created with the Salesforce default Order Status of Draft, which means you must have an Order Status with an API Name of
Draft and a Status Category of
Shopping Carts created by your customers, if abandoned for more than 10 hours are converted into Order records with Order Products. The orders Abandoned field will be set to
TRUE and the Checkout Step field will not be set to
Upgrading the StoreConnect App
An upgrade consists of 1) upgrading the Salesforce Package, and 2) upgrading the StoreConnect Website. Our online release notes detail what changes come with each new version.
StoreConnect will upgrade both (1) & (2) however, the client should know there are always risks associated with implementing software upgrades
Client will be notified prior to any upgrade
Client will be notified of any data changes to be done by the upgrade
- Client should identify the objects that will be impacted with the upgrade and ensure adequate measures are in place to compensate for business impact
Client should do their own testing after an upgrade and can report any issues to StoreConnect Support
- Payment Gateways
- Payment Gateways may become unstable
- Website Site Styling
- Site Styling may become inconsistent or incorrect
- Website Navigation Menus
- Navigation Menus may stop working
- Salesforce Page Layouts
- Existing objects will not display new page layouts or fields without manual customisation by client
- Deprecated fields will not be automatically removed from page layouts and will need manual removal by client
- Picklist Values
- New picklist values are not added on upgrade and must be manually added by the client. StoreConnect Support can give you any missing values to be added.
- Salesforce CPQ and Multi-Currency
- CPQ and Multi-Currency mappings may load incorrectly causing site errors and possible data errors until re-mapped correctly
Please contact our support team for further information.
Back to Documentation