Adding Media to Products
StoreConnect supports many types of media1, all served via our world wide CDN2.
For instructions on uploading your product media, see Uploading Media.
- From the product record, go to its Related lists
- Find the ‘Media used by this Product’ Section and click ‘New’
- Search and Select the Media record you want to add to the product
- The product field will already be populated with the current product you are working with
- Set Position (optional to determine the sort order when a product has multiple media to display)
- Click ‘Save’
Media will not be shown more than once on a single product so if a product has the same media added more than once, the earliest occurence will show based on the position values.
Tip: When using Position, increment by 10. That way, if you decide to slip an image in-between two others later on, you will have room to do so without having to re-number all following records.
Using Media with Product Variants
When using Product Variants, you have a master product that then has numerous variant products. The master and the variants are each individual product records. You can either relate your media to the master product, the variant products or both.
Media will not be shown more than once on a single product so if the master and variants have the same media, only the earliest occurence will show.
The Order Media is Displayed when Viewing Products
When viewing a master product
- All the master products media in order of position
- All variants’ media in order of variant position and then media position
If the master product doesn’t have any images, it will display the images of variants in the order specified above.
When viewing a variant product
- The variants media in order of position
- The master products media in order of position
Bulk Uploading Media
For instructions on bulk uploading your product media, first see Uploading Media.
After uploading all of your media, you will need to create the relationship between the media items and their respective products. You can relate a single product to multiple media items. You can also relate a single media item to multiple products. This is done by creating a record for each relationship in the
- Media - Media record ID
- Product - Product record ID
- Position - Integer to determine the sort order when a product has multiple media items
Back to Documentation